Getting here and map
Exit the A 20 to Stralsund. Follow Rügen access road B 96n until exit “Stralsund Altstadt”.
Follow the signs to “Stralsund Altstadt” and the parking guide system.
We gladly inform you about day trips from your region.
- Car park: Am MEERESMUSEUM (Mönchstraße 1)
- Car park: Am Neuen Markt (Frankenwall)
- Parking at: Neuer Markt
- Park+Ride: Altstadt/MEERESMUSEUM
- Coach parking at: Karl-Marx-Straße/Frankenwall
- Disabled parking at: Neuer Markt
Conveniently reach Stralsund central station (Hbf.) from all directions by Deutsche Bahn – travelling takes less than 3 hours from Berlin and Hamburg. It is a 10-minute walk from Stralsund central station to MEERESMUSEUM.
According to your departure station, you may want to use special fares and offers advertised by Deutsche Bahn: i.e.
“Schönes-Wochenende-Ticket” (Weekend Ticket),
“Ostsee-Ticket” (Baltic Sea Ticket),
or special regional tickets.
Use local transport to get to MEERESMUSEUM:
- Line 1 (year-round) from Stralsund central station to bus stop Knieperwall
(in the direction of Olof-Palme-Platz)
- Line 4 runs as P+R line during summer schedule from Park+Ride: Altstadt/MEERESMUSEUM via
Stralsund central Station to bus stop Knieperwall (in the direction of Viermorgen)
Bicycle stands are available in front of the museum and in the museum’s yard.
During your stay you may store your luggage in lockers provided at MEERESMUSEUM.